Wednesday, November 25, 2009

Perodua Alza: The Name



What a hideous name for a car. ALZA! Of all the car names, be it Kancil, Kelisa, Kenari, Viva, Myvi, Nautica… I personally felt Alza was a total turn off. I knew about the name a few days before, but I didn’t want to say anything, because I thought that they might eventually have a change in mind, and rename the MPV to something nicer..

Yes, I know, Rusa sounds equally bad, but I would argue that Rusa at least has Malaysia written all over it.

Sure, I know that this 1.5cc MPV’s name means ‘To rise‘ in Spanish, but when ever I hear the name ‘ALZA’, I have this complete negative vibe. I really thought that Perodua was starting to name cars the right way, especially with the Myvi , Nautica and Viva which sounds ultimately modern and complex. Naahhhh.. I don’t care Jeremy Clark calling the MyVi a MeeVeee…

Yup, I know, I sound so bitter about the name ‘Alza’, but a consolation for the Alza.. It does look nice, and it is cheap for MPVs in the same class, and I do expect people to disregard the name, and buy the MPV anyway. Interestingly, Motor sport blogger, Paul Tan says that the Perodua Alza isn’t in the same league as the Proton Exora, but rather almost halfway towards competing with Waja and Persona. Either way, Malaysia Boleh! Photo from The Star & Paul Tan.

1 comment:

  1. Thank you for the great post! I love your articles! I'm a car fanatic and coffee lover. I am used to using coffee capsule, I make my own coffee capsules with a k cup & nespresso coffee capsule filling sealing machine. But I am finding new ways to enjoy coffee recently

    ReplyDelete